9.05.2006

feria de malaga

The Spaniards know how to party...I visited Malaga one weekend, and discovered a city completely consumed by the fiestas of la feria. What a festival...

Noche 1 - Beautiful fireworks display accompanied by music...I think it was the best fireworks show I have ever seen! After the fireworks, Enrique Iglesias kicked off the concert at 12:30 am...we were listening/dancing/drinking on the beach until 5 am. We walked the city a bit, found a dive bar, returned to the beach for the sunrise, slept on two rented beach chairs until around 1 pm. We woke up to the beautiful beach-goers of southern Spain and took a nice swim in the Mediterranean *my first time* ...

Later that day...

We ate in a Chinese restaurant to see what that experience would be like in Spain...nothing special. We then used the lobby facilities of a nice hotel and picked up our bull fighting tickets.

Noche 2 - Bull fight! Brutal, interesting, very hot, 6 bulls died at the hands of the matadors...and one man was hit by a bull a few times. I am glad I experienced this piece of Spanish culture, but I can see why some people are not fans. I think it might be more interesting if the bulls were fighting each other.


Later that night we took the bus to the fair grounds, just happen to meet up with 3 Spanish friends from the beach concert, and danced in the discotecas until 5 am. I was falling asleep on my feet by the end of that. We returned to the bus station, slept a bit in the grass in front of the bus station, bought tickets, and passed out on the trip back to Granada.

No comments: